Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc., understands how crucial quality control over the materials and methods used can be to the success of a project. By partnering with you, the client, and the design team; our technicians and inspectors work to ensure that the project plans and specifications are followed and implemented.
BFW can accomplish this through the use of site visits, visual inspections, materials testing (i.e. concrete strength testing, soil density, etc.) and nondestructive test methods. Our knowledgeable personnel will be your key to ensuring that you are getting quality structural products installed as intended by your project design team.
BFW offers a team of professionals to plan, design, and implement the project you envisioned becoming a reality.
Our personnel are highly trained, certified, and have experience from decades of conducting construction materials testing, nondestructive testing and special seismic inspections for a wide variety of applications throughout Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, and Illinois.
A particular benefit to our clients is our knowledgeable special seismic inspections staff. Many states incorporate the International Building Code into their state-specific codes. This dictates that for many buildings special seismic inspections are required. In most states, a final report of special inspections must be completed prior to the Certificate of Occupancy being issued by building enforcement department.
Special inspections of seismic components for the proposed building can include:
- Subgrade Verification
- Concrete Testing
- Masonry Inspection
- Wood Framing Inspection
- Nondestructive Testing & Structural Steel Inspection
- Bolt Verification Testing
- Certified Welding Inspection (CWI)
Our inspections staff and engineers will help to ensure that structural components, connections, and workmanship meet the required inspections to provide you with a strong, safe, and compliant building.
Along with testing and inspections, Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc. will work with you to implement a complete solution, from design and engineering to survey, site work and final construction. Our quality control and testing/inspections personnel will work to ensure the project you envisioned becomes reality.
Nondestructive Testing Services (NDT):
- Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (UTT)
- Straight Beam and Shear Wave Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Bolt Verification Testing (Skidmore Wilhelm)
- Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PUAT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Rebound Hammer Compressive Strength Testing
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- AWS Certified Welding Inspection (CWI)
- Floor Flatness and Levelness Testing
- Concrete Slab Thickness Testing
- Coating Thickness Evaluation
- Concrete Slab Vapor Emissions Testing
- Nondestructive Testing & Evaluation of Steel Bridges
QA/QC Inspections and Services
Special Inspection, Materials Testing & Structural Observations required by Chapter 17 of the International Building Code (IBC) including, but not limited to, the following:
- Subgrade Inspection and Consultation
- Verification of controlled fill using Troxler Nuclear Density Gauge
- Concrete Testing (ACI)
- High Strength Bolt and Structural Steel Inspection
- Fabrication Shop Inspection
- Welder Certification, Procedure Qualification Report (PQR) and Welding Procedure Specification (WPS)
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Suspended Acoustical Ceiling Seismic Code Compliance Inspection
- Spray Applied Fire Resistant Material Evaluation & Inspection
- Project Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QA/AC)
- Core Drilling including, but not limited to, concrete, asphalt, stone, and soils
Technicians are Certified by or Proficient with One or More of the Following Entities:
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Research Council on Structural Connections (AISC)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Various Building Codes, Such as IBC and KBC
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Army Corps of Engineers – Validated Laboratory
- AASHTO/CCRL R 18 – Accredited Laboratory