A particular benefit to our clients is our knowledgeable special seismic inspections staff. Many states incorporate the International Building Code into their state specific codes. This dictates that for many buildings special seismic inspections are required. In most states a final report of special inspections must be completed prior to the Certificate of Occupancy being issued by building enforcement department.
Special inspections of seismic components for the proposed building can include:
Our inspections staff and engineers will help to ensure that structural components, connections and workmanship meet the required inspections to provide you with a strong, safe and compliant building.
Along with testing and inspections, BFW will work with you to implement a complete solution, from design and engineering to survey, site work and final construction. Our quality control and testing/inspections personnel will work to ensure the project you envisioned becomes reality.
Special Inspection, Materials Testing & Structural Observations required by Chapter 17 of the International Building Code (IBC) including, but not limited to, the following:
• Subgrade Inspection and Consultation
• Verification of controlled fill using Troxler Nucelar Density Gauage
• Concrete Testing (ACI)
• High Strength Bolt and Structural Steel Inspection
• Fabrication Shop Inspection
• Welder Certification, Procedure Qualification Report (PQR) and Welding Procedure Specification (WPS)
• Mechanical, Electircal, Plumbing and Suspended Acoustical Ceiling Seismic Code Compliance Inspection
• Spray Applied Fire Resistant Material Evaluation & Inspection
• Project Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QA/AC)
• Core Drilling incliding, but not limited to, concrete, asphalt, stone and soils
• American Welding Society (AWS)
• American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT)
• American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
• Research Council on Structural Connections (AISC)
• International Code Council (ICC)
• Various Building Codes, Such as IBC and KBC
• American Concrete Institute (ACI)
• Army Corps of Engineers - Validated Laboratory
• AASHTO/CCRL R 18 - Accredited Laboratory